Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Books


Lucas has been asking to break out our many Christmas books for more than a week but I've held him off because I wanted to start a new tradition. Last night I wrapped our 23 Christmas or winter themed books and loaded them up in this basket. Starting Thursday he'll be able to select and unwrap one each night as part of his bedtime stories. Yes, we need a few more to make it until December 25, but my parents traditionally give each boy a Christmas book for St. Nicholas day on December 6 so we should be all set after that.
By the way, if you're looking to start or supplement your own Christmas book collection, I highly recommend Humphrey's First Christmas. (One of last year's St. Nicholas day gifts!) It's the specific book Lucas has been asking for. Not only are the illustrations absolutely stunning, but the story is very, very sweet. We all love it!


Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love doing this!! I've gone a little lighter the last couple of years and just done the 12 Days of Christmas Books, but it's just so much fun to have a new one to unwrap every year. I've used library books, in addition to our own supply.

    Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted about this! Lydia and I started wrapping right away. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!