Friday, December 23, 2011

Family Photo Puzzle

My only nephew, Sawyer, turned one earlier this month and we had a little celebration for him over Thanksgiving (minus cake because his dad wasn't with us and so the first bite of cake was saved for his actual birthday!). The little cutie lives FAR too far away and I don't see him nearly enough. So, I took inspiration from my friend Amy and made him a gift that will help him remember or at least recognize the faces of our family members.

This is a super-easy project, and, in my opinion, makes a great gift, especially for a too-far-away baby!

I got this Melissa & Doug puzzle...



Then I gathered photos of each family member, used the shape to trace my cut lines, cut them out and glued them in. I decided to put a layer of Modge Podge over each photo to seal it. Amy didn't advise this step, but since Saywer is a boy and I know how crazy and destructive my own boys can be, I thought it might be a good step. Unfortunately, the Modge Podge caused an issue with the ink on my mom's photo...I think it might have been because I printed them at home. Anyway, I still think it turned out great and hope that Sawyer is playing with it daily!


  Don't we have a good looking family?



Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. The trouble with taking hundreds of digital photographs is that they tend to stay on your computer and rarely see the light of day.

    Photo Puzzles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish to say thank you to you for presenting this amazing ideas. I've just learned how to use the world wide online world and I am just catching up to these young whippersnappers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!