Monday, March 25, 2013

Cascarones on The Daily Buzz!!

Many thanks to my good friend in Nashville for pointing this out...

http://www.thedailybuzz.com.au/2013/03/15-easter-crafts-foods-activities/   



 And then scroll down to #15...


What's that? A link to my 2008 Cascarones tutorial! Awesome!!

And, crazy! How did they ever find it?

I really hate to admit that this is the one year since 2008 that I actually haven't saved eggs for Cascarones. Ugh! Total slacker! We live in a fairly heavy Hispanic area and found some pretty great pre-made ones at Shoppers Food Warehouse last year. So, we're counting on that again this year. Next year, though, I'll be back on my game. And I'm vowing now to write a new tutorial with better pictures. Here's a slightly better post I wrote for The DC Moms last year!

Happy cracking!

Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. So fun! Pre-made ones- that's awesome. I wonder if I could find some here. I'm so behind too and made myself an egg sandwich last night, just to save a couple. I might do flour this year...sounds kind of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard about this Cascarones game - but it sounds really crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!