Friday, July 22, 2011

Courage


Yesterday, Lucas, who only started willingly putting his head underwater this summer, swam across the diving well, went down the water slide (which drops into water deeper than he can stand in) and jumped off the low dive for the very first times.

When I asked him what he was thinking when he jumped off the diving board, he replied, "This is crazy! This is awesome! I can't believe I'm doing this! I want to do it again!"

Tonight, Abel texted me, he went off the high dive. He also sent photographic evidence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks ago, I realized that I hadn't had my hair cut in over a year. In the summer heat, I was mostly wearing it in French braids and buns. As I was hanging clothes on the line one afternoon, I decided that I was only one calico dress away from fitting in at the Big House and needed to remedy that situation fast.

I made an appointment, sat down in my stylist's chair (although I'm obviously not an every-six-weeks customer, she's the only one who's touched my hair in over 10 years, including my amazing wedding day up do) and told her I wanted it to be at least above my shoulders but do to whatever she wanted to it.

I love it.

Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Where's your courageous picture, Aimee?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the same thing happened to Michael. He was terrified to put his head under water, and then all of a sudden, swim, swim, swim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, it takes a child's innocence to remind us that our over rationalized thinking can get in our way. Great post!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son still in learning process of swimming..the last time we went on the beach i'm really impressed that he is trying his best to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!