Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Class Valentines




I've long wanted to get in on the melted crayon mold fun that's all over Pinterest and the blogosphere and we've finally done it for Valentine's Day!

Lucas has been saving up broken crayons all school year (and perhaps breaking a few on purpose--that silly kid!) and I purchased a silicone heart pan. The hardest part was peeling all the little papers and after that it was a blast to arrange the crayons in the hearts, bake and admire the creations!

Then I discovered this awesome free printable from The Long Thread. They say "Have a colorful Valentine's Day" at the bottom! I'm the queen of enjoying all the wonderful free printables that designers share on their blogs. My trick is to upload them to Staples.com and have them printed in color on card stock. It's cheap and so easy--plus the quality is always great.

Over the past few days, Lucas has been writing his classmates names and his name, then we taped the card to the front of little treat bags, dropped in a crayon heart, tied them up and viola! Fun Valentine's for his class!
 

I'm pretty sure we're all looking forward to having enough crayon nubs to make another batch!


Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that tip about uploading to staples.com and having them printed there. What a great idea. I wonder if one can earn points on the rewards account that way ?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I've wanted to make these too - we'll have to start saving up crayon bits!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!