Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Things

A friend recently offered to give me a brand new bottle of Mrs. Myer's Basil hand soap because it was making her sneeze. The funny thing is that I had just unearthed a package of Medela pump and save bags that I wanted to give to her, so it was a satisfying trade for both of us. I have to say that Mrs. Myers Basil is my new favorite scent!

I have it at the kitchen sink and find myself washing my hands extra-often just for a whiff of the wonderful, spring-like scent. (And that's saying a lot because I'm a big hand-washer anyway!) Now I'm anxious to run out of counter top spray, all purpose cleanser and dish soap so I can replace them all with this lovely scent!

Thank you, Charlotte! (Though I'm terribly sorry it makes you sneeze!)


I was at Target the other day picking up a few prescriptions and of course had to peruse the $1 section. (I just adore that section!) In my opinion, The Find Of The Season is a set of three small, metal planter decorations. Each packet contains a pink, blue and green bird on a copper stick. I am just thrilled with them (especially the pink and blue...the green blends in too much with my green house plants) as the quality is fabulous!

{I may or may not be planning a return trip to purchase several more sets tomorrow! Ahem!}

I'm thinking of so many more purposes for them than as planter decorations. For example, one would be absolutely adorable tied onto a ribbon on the outside of a gift. Hopefully your Target has them as well!

(I bought the single sprig of Rosemary at our Christmas Market and am so thrilled with the purchase! I've already used it so often! I've cut off the new growth on the top and am trying to root a second sprig.)



It is time to start saving your eggs to make Cascarones for Easter! Long-time readers know this is my absolute favorite Mexican (or is it more generally Hispanic?) tradition that I married into. Whenever you use an egg, just carefully crack off the top, dump the inside to use, then rinse the empty shell and put it back in the carton. We're unsure of our Easter plans this year, but if we stay home, I'm planning to invite some friends to our local park to have a big Cascarones celebration this year!

Spring IS on its way, right? We're just desperate for it!

Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!