Saturday, September 27, 2008

Big 10 Network: A Blessing and a Curse

Verizon Fios just updated and totally changed the channel line-up. One of the many additions is the Big 10 Network. Have I mentioned before that someone in this household is a HUGE Buckeye fan?

Lucky for me, I really enjoy watching football, too. And, much to the chagrin of my parents, I've grown into a pretty big Buckeye fan. During the early years of our dating and marriage Abel and I went to a bar every Saturday during football season to watch the Ohio State games. After Lucas was born we purchased the college football package to ensure we didn't miss a game. Last year we had Comcast but they and the Big 10 Network couldn't come to an agreement so their college football package didn't include and of the Big 10 games. Ohio State was ranked pretty high last year so the majority of their games were on network TV or ESPN. But, we disappointed to miss the few that weren't. Needless to say we're pretty psyched that this year we'll get all the games at home for free (well, for what we were paying already).

It's also a curse, however, because after only a few days of having the Big 10 Network I already know way more than I need or want to know about Big 10 Athletics!

But if you're looking for Abel and me on a Saturday afternoon now through Thanksgiving, come on down to our basement!

Go Bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!