Thursday, December 31, 2009

What a decade!


Perhaps I'm a little slow but I just realized today (thanks to the news) that as we ring in 2010 tonight we are also closing out a decade. And, what a decade it's been!

I rang in the year 2000 with my sister here in Washington, DC. She was still in high school and I had just graduated from college. We went down to the National Mall for the festivities happening there. I remember being worried about taking care of her, just in case anything crazy happened (it didn't) and also being worried about the whole Y2K thing (also didn't happen!).

Then, just a few days later, Abel moved into the group house I was living in. And, with that, my life was forever changed. In the ensuing 10 years we would fall in love, get married, buy a house, have a baby and get pregnant with our second boy. Wow! All that doesn't even include me making a major career change (out of politics, something I never thought I'd do!), earning a master's degree and then scaling back to work part-time after Lucas was born.

It is hard to imagine any future decade of my life being so jam-packed with wonderful and amazing change as this decade has been. Certainly no past decade has been this full.

I do know that 2010 will start off with great excitement as we welcome the new baby and when this decade closes, Lucas will have just turned 14 and baby boy will be almost 10. Who knows if they will have siblings or what other wonderful adventures we'll be up to. But I, for one, am very excited to find out!

Wishing you and your loved ones much happiness and joy in 2010!

Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!