Tuesday, February 26, 2008

MIA

I fear I have lost my five readers with my long hiatus. But, I promise I didn't forget about you! In fact, I thought of you every day!

I've been preparing for, taking, and recovering from a work trip to Florida. And, I'll admit, it was glorious. 85 and sunny. Oh how wonderful! I spent 4 days and nights with my co-worker (Hi Sarah!) and we got along splendidly the entire time.

And I have also been preparing for and having my mother-in-law visit. Don't get me wrong, she's great, but you know, not much time for blogging.

And so my loyal readers. I'm back. Woo hoo!

The only real mishap was the loss of my pocket knife at the airport. This is a long-standing joke in my family. My dad got me a great little key chain pocket knife several years ago for Christmas. I'll tell you, it is the best thing and I use it all the time. Emergency tweezers? Check. Scissors? Check. Tiny knife? Check! Apparently the FAA thinks I could hijack a plane with this thing and since I carry it on my house keys it is always with me. Bottom line: a mini Swiss Army pocketknife key chain has been on my Christmas list EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Except this past year, I was so proud not to have listed it. I'd gone an entire year--and many flights--without losing it! Until Thursday. I remembered it right before my purse went through the x-ray and surrendered it willingly. I guess this is the official start of my '09 list. Are you reading Dad?

1 comment:

  1. Geez! Thank God you're finally back. I wasn't sure what I was going to do while procrastinating at work if you didn't come back soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!