Friday, July 11, 2008

For Katie and John

Tomorrow I have the honor and privilege of standing next to my friend Katie as she and her fiance John are joined together in the Sacrament of Marriage.

After Katie asked me to be her Matron of Honor and as I became more involved in the wedding planning, I was thinking about the first time I met John. It was about 6 years ago when Katie and I worked together with a terrific group of (mostly) women who all became great friends.

A group of us went out for drinks one evening and John happened to be in town for a conference so he joined us. Despite the fact that our group was comprised of about 7 young, single--and I daresay--very attractive women, John didn't take his eyes off of Katie the entire evening.

Further, he managed to bring every story, every comment, back around to Katie. Let's say someone mentioned something about a car or driving. John would have said, "Oh, Katie, remember that time we were driving down the highway...."

The moment he left, we turned to Katie and proclaimed: "Katie, he is in love with you!"

She laughed us off telling us they were just friends!

Well, Katie and John, it took a few years, but I couldn't be happier for the two of you!

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!