Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm Back!

Why hello there! I'm back.

"What?" You ask.

"I didn't even know you were gone." You say.

Indeed. I set a few posts on auto-post and left for the beach last Sunday. And, actually, I was "out of pocket" as far as the blog was concerned starting last Friday morning, as I was consumed with wonderful and fun wedding preparations.

On Friday I got to visit with our good friends Amy and Ryan as well as the beautiful bride-to-be. My radish salad got mixed reviews for lunch (don't worry, it wasn't the only thing I served!). Then the girls were off for manis and pedis. I opted for a soft pink while the bride went with bright red! It was a little shocking but definitely suited her.

Later that evening was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner--both were lovely. Except, that is, for the fact that I was freezing during the dinner while every other guest complained about being hot.

Yes, my friends, I was running a fever!

Apparently I had side-effects from the vaccine a my doctor gave me on Thursday. The very vaccine I questioned, telling my doctor that I was in a wedding on Saturday and leaving for the beach on Sunday, and that I wanted to be sure I wouldn't have any side effects from. Oh, those are so rare, he assured me.

Yeah, rare.

Luckily my fever broke sometime around 9 or 10am on Saturday--I woke up literally drenched. I made my way into the shower and somehow was able to get my stuff together to meet the bride at the hair salon at 1pm. From then on it was a whirlwind and honestly I felt better and stronger with each passing hour. After getting my hair done I was treated to getting my make-up done by the bride's cousin. She did a great job, except my eyebrows which I thought were unnaturally dark.

The wedding was beautiful. It was so perfect. Simple and lovely. And the reception was a lot of fun.

Then, Sunday morning we woke up threw some stuff in the car and were off to the beach. It was the most wonderful 7-hour drive ever. Why? Well, because our darling toddler left for the beach Saturday morning with my parents. They were so excited to have him at the beach for an entire day without us; I knew we were getting the better end of the deal--a toddler-free car trip!

As for the week at the beach: it was glorious.

Here was my plan for the week (which I was pretty much able to follow every day!):
  • 7am wake-up (unfortunately Lucas had other plans which included waking up at 6am every day, oh well!)
  • 8am hit the beach
  • 11am back to the house for lunch and naps (both Lucas and me!)
  • 3pm - 5pm return to the beach
  • 6pm dinner (pre-assigned to a different family each night)
  • 8pm Lucas to bed
  • 8pm - ? Hang out, games, etc.

And the best news of the week? I made a visit to the local hospital for a blood draw on Wednesday afternoon and my platelets came back normal.

NORMAL!

That is an increase of more than 100,000 in a week.

Doc, how about writing me a prescription for the beach for the rest of the summer?

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You tricked me with the autoposting thing (how do you do that, anyway?)... I thought that you were posting from the beach! A prescription for the beach sounds like the right idea.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear the great "normal" news! Yeah for the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a ton of radishes from our weekly produce delivery. I'm totally trying that salad.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!