Friday, December 12, 2008

Favorite Things Friday: TinyURL.com

Very long hyperlinks that often get "broken" in e-mail are just one of modern life's little annoyances. Nothing we can do about it, right?

WRONG!

In today's edition of Favorite Things Friday, I bring you one of my new favorite websites: TinyURL.com. This might just be one of the most useful little, er, tiny, sites you ever visit.

What does TinyURL do? Just what it says: take a long URL and make it tiny!

So, for example, this:

www.mom2momsc.com/content/cancel-me-please-0

becomes this: www.tinyurl.com/smilingmama

(notice how I directed you to a syndicated post by ME?! Sneaky am I!)

When you create your tiny URL, you can have them randomly assign you what comes after the slash (generally a mismash of letters and numbers) or you can create your own (as I did above). Cool!

So go check it out.

www.tinyurl.com

You'll never send a broken link again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!