Monday, December 8, 2008

We're going for a record here

For the 4th week in a row, I took Lucas to the doctor this morning.

We got a clean bill of health for Lucas last Tuesday. But, Friday morning when we left for Greensboro he was coughing and had a runny nose. He really was fine, though, running around, sleeping through the night, eating well. Just a cold, we thought.

Then last night he started whimpering at about 11pm when we went up to bed. (Totally stayed up too late watching the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie. And I cried over both the movie and the commercials!) I went into his room and he was burning up with a fever. Gave him some Tylenol cuddled and let him sleep with me. Called in sick to work this morning and got him in for a morning appointment.

Diagnosis: ear infection and pneumonia.

Are you kidding me? I thought we were done being sick. Now it starts all over?

So, this is week 4 of 4 with a doctor appointment. We'll have a follow-up next week then he'll be due for his 3 year old appointment so it is looking like we'll be visiting the doctor every week for 6 weeks.

I've written a new Christmas list: All I want for Christmas is for all of us to be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!