Friday, December 19, 2008

Favorite Things Friday: Willow Tree Nativity

If you were to make a surprise visit to my house today you'd notice a few things:

  1. I'm not a very good housekeeper.
  2. A toddler lives in our house.
  3. I have a thing for nativity sets.

Today, I'd like to focus on item #3: nativity sets. I've got a thing for them. My Christmas decor pretty much revolves around nativity sets. Don't get my wrong, I've got plenty of Santas, too, but I think I love the nativity sets so much because they help keep us focused on the reason for the season. (I really hate that saying, by the way!)

Anyhoo.

If you are looking for a beautiful nativity set, I'd like to recommend the Willow Tree Nativity. For the past two years (and hopefully continuing this year?) my parents have given me pieces of this set for Christmas.

Two years ago they gave me this six piece set. I adore that Mary is holding the Baby Jesus. I mean, if you had given birth to the Son of God in a stable, would you really put him down in the straw manger? No! You'd be holding him close. Isn't this just the exact pose you see in every picture of a mom and her new baby? I also love that the shepherd is a woman!Last year they gave me this three kings set. Because I received it for Christmas, I never really took it out of the box, but just packed it away with our other decorations. It was a special treat to open and put it out this year!



All these figures, like other Willow Tree figures, are beautifully crafted, very sturdy and a nice size. I just adore them!

P.S. Check back tomorrow for photos of a few more of my nativity sets!

P.P.S. Mom, if you haven't gotten me another piece of this set, please please don't run out and buy it now! I'm certain you've gotten me more than enough gifts! Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!