Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I think I'll go eat worms

Remember this song? Did you sing it on the bus or at camp when you were younger? (If not, it's a great song to teach your kids--they'll be totally impressed that their mom is teaching them a song about sucking out guts.)


Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones,
Eensie weensy squeensy ones,
See how they wiggle and squirm!

Down goes the first one, down goes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm!
Up comes the first one, up comes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm!

I bite off the heads, and suck out the juice,
And throw the skins away!
Nobody knows how fat I grow,
On worms three times a day!

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones,
Eensie weensy squeensy ones,
See how they wiggle and squirm!


I'm wallowing and have that song stuck in my head. The first line basically sums up how I'm feeling these days.

I'm trying to keep in mind that my hormones are going crazy right now. Heck, I cried over a football YouTube video yesterday. I cried in the car when I heard on NPR that Senator Kennedy had died. Damn, I'm crying writing this stupid post. To sum up: crying at the drop of the hat.

But last night I just broke down. I am feeling (which I know is different than what is true) like I just don't have any friends right now. I know I do. And I know several of them are reading this blog. But I still feel like I don't. I try so hard to do special things for people. I feel like I really go out of my way for the people in my life. And sometimes I just feel like no one does that for me. I am sure everyone feels that way sometimes. And right now is just one of the times that I feel like that. And I know that some of this stems from middle school friendship (ex-friendship) crap that I clearly never dealt with properly.

And, I'm sure that my lovely pregnancy hormones will be in an up-swing soon.

And, I'm sure I'll get over it.

But, right now? Right now I think I'll just go eat worms.*


*Also feeling grateful that dirt and worms aren't actually one of my pregnancy cravings.


(Sorry, I've disabled comments. This isn't about getting lots of people to write and tell me how great I am. Maybe it's better if I just think to myself that lots of people would have commented to tell me how great I am. And, also, it would absolutely kill me if the only comment is my mom.)

Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading.