Thursday, November 15, 2007

My job is done

Last Friday I was able to take Lucas to our local playgroup. It is so much fun to join up with other mamas and kids and let Lucas release a lot of energy. Unfortunately playgroup mostly meets on the days I work but last Friday it worked out for us to go and we had such a great time.

Mostly Lucas ran around like a crazy man and played with all the balls, ride-on cars, trucks, etc. He did *okay* with sharing. And any disputes were quickly broken up by me or other moms. Luckily distraction still works pretty well when there are so many toy options and open space.

Mostly I had a chance to watch Lucas have a blast and to chat with some of the neighborhood moms. I really enjoyed it!

At one point Lucas was hanging close to me and he started tapping my leg saying "mama baby fall". You see, one of the smaller kids just started to walk and of course spent a fair amount of time falling on his butt. It didn't seem to bother him, but it sure did bother Lucas! He was very concerned for his little buddy. As Lucas continued to point at Ben saying "baby fall, baby fall," I asked if he wanted to go over and give Ben a hug. "Uh ha." So off we went and Lucas gave Ben a hug.

So now Lucas has demonstrated both good manners and a strong sense of compassion. I think my job as a Mama is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!