Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Please and Thank You

Every morning Lucas begs to go downstairs into our basement family room. Usually his ulterior motive is to watch some morning cartoons or Sesame Street. Usually I deny his requests at least until I've gotten myself some breakfast, too. But this morning he got his way immediately.

After two pleading "downstairs" he walked up to me and said "peeeesss". How could I say no? Down we went.

I was pretty excited about this development--I think it is the first time he's used the word please in an appropriate way and without prompting. He's been saying "tanks" for months and that always seems to impress strangers. 90% of the time he says it on his own without any prompting.

Of the many many things we might be doing wrong with this kid, at least he's got manners!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!