Thursday, November 15, 2007

The streak continues

The winning streak, that is!

Back in the day I worked for a business of three. I shared a work-space with my colleague and our boss was far, far away (well, only a few yards and three staircases) in her home office. We all worked hard.

Mostly.

In our line of work there were very very busy times and very very slow times. My co-worker and I got along really well. So well in fact that he was in our wedding and both my husband and I played a part in his.


One of the things my friend and I had (and still have!) in common is that we love games, love to win and are competitive. We also love to listen to the radio at work. (These days I listen exculsively to NPR, I'm not sure about him.)

Z104. Good old Z104.

The now defunct station had A LOT of radio contests.

And we won.

A LOT.

I'd estimate that we phoned in to approximately 5 contests a day. That only took about 5 minutes out of our days because we knew if we got busy signals for a solid minute we'd already lost. Between us 4 lines were being dialed (two cell, two land).


And what did we win? Oh, let me give you a list

  • Countless movie tickets (both of us)
  • Countless CDs (both of us)
  • 4 tickets and a limo to/from a concert of your choice (me, Janet Jackson concert--this was several years ago!)
  • 1 month of Boot Camp for Women by Fitness Image Results (me, AWESOME!!)
  • $1,000 in cool hard cash (me!!!!)
  • A trip for two to LA, 3 nights, limos, dinner, concerts (me, AMAZING!!!!)

We had a deal that we'd split whatever we won. So for the cash, I gave him $300 (accounting for the extra taxes I'd have to pay as the official winner). And, for the trip to LA to which I took my boyfriend and future husband, Abel, we bought our friend a humidor and some nice cigars. Boot Camp was all mine--I won it after we weren't working together anymore.

And, now, I am pleased to report, the streak has started again!

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win a wall quote at Bloggy Giveaways. I'm so excited about this and honestly have had a really hard time choosing which one to get. Any opinions??

I've also won the most beautiful-looking book at Gift of Green. She's mailing it to me and I simply can not wait to get it!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what else this streak will bring my way!

2 comments:

  1. 'Ello! Very much my pleasure! Glad you were the winner AGAIN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Seems like you have a knack for winning.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!