Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Gift List - Lucas

It is official, I am totally excited for Christmas!

I'm practically all done with my Christmas shopping, eagerly anticipating my sister's arrival from California and looking forward to some relaxing days with the whole fam. at my parents' house.

I'm especially excited about Lucas's gifts.

Last year we knew Lucas would get tons of stuff from his grandparents, aunts, uncles and great aunt and uncle, so we bought him a Tickle Me Elmo TMX and opened up a 529 college savings account.

This year we're still restraining ourselves gift-wise but have bought him a few things that I know he will love. Here's the list.

1) A Cranium Super Fort Lucas loves to hide and crawl into small spaces. I know he will love this! And, I am convinced that it will be used for years! Initially I think we'll build a fort for him, but as he gets older, he'll be able to use all the pieces to construct his own forts--indoors or out. I think we will actually give this to Lucas for his birthday one day early on Dec. 21. That way he can play with it at our house before we leave for Pennsylvania. (Oh my gosh, I am a terrible mom of a Christmas baby. Well, I guess when he's older and accuses me of just taking a Christmas present to use as a birthday present this is the evidence that will indict me!)

2) Melissa & Doug Deluxe Gallop-N-Go Stick Pony w/Sound
This arrived yesterday and it is really a beautiful toy. For the last few months Lucas has been using any sort of long tube or stick to gallop around the house saying "horsey" "horsey". He is going to be so excited to have a "real" horsey to use!

My only dilemma with this toy is the batteries. I'm torn about putting them in at all. One one hand, I think that Lucas would get a kick out of the sound effects. On the other hand, I'd love for him to make his own sound effects. We'll see....

3) Rolling Suitcase

Whenever we go somewhere or someone comes for a visit, Lucas loves to push around their luggage. I thought about getting him a small character suitcase but realized we could get him a real rolling suitcase for less money! And, we'll actually be able to use it for trips.

4) Zoe doll

We love Zoe almost as much as we love Elmo. I picked this up the other day and can't wait for Santa to give it to him!


So those are the "big ticket" items. He'll also get a stocking filled with things like mittens, a new toothbrush, a book, a small elephant toy, maybe a few small cars/trucks.

I just can't wait for Christmas morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!