Thursday, August 28, 2008

In the thick of it

This is seriously the first time I've had a few minutes to sit down since we arrived in Denver at 10:30am on Tuesday. I don't think I've drunk so much water, eaten so little food (simply no time!), walked so much, gotten so many blisters but also been so excited and energized in my life. There have been some amazing moments--like when we got to be right up front and hear the speech where Hillary officially released her delegates, or when I saw Speaker Nancy Pelosi twice in one day and, the second time, when she signed a copy of her book and I got to tell her we share the same alma mater. But, there have been big disappointments, too. Like when we finally got passes to get into the convention but had a million delays on the way there (mostly out of our control) and by the time we got there the hall was so full we could only stand in the hallway, watching on TV.

There are so many wonderful experiences I've had that I want to share, but I think it is all too real right now to make any sense of it. So, more to come!

In the meantime send some good thoughts our way. We have one credential in-hand for what might be one of the biggest events of my lifetime--Barack Obama's acceptance speech. We're pulling every possible string and contact to find another one so Abel and I can both be there.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear every detail. Hope you both get tickets. I'm trying everything to get my laptop to work so I can at least see/here the speech via internt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how exciting it must have been to be there for that speech!! Cannot wait to read an AMAZING blog all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!