Saturday, August 30, 2008

We were there

We were there with 80,000 other people at Invesco field on Thursday night to hear Barack Obama accept the Democratic nomination for President of the United States of America. The entire time I kept thinking that this is something I will tell my grandchildren about. It was truly amazing.

We flew in last night and drove straight to my parents' home. Lucas was already in bed when we got there, but his crib is in the same room where we slept so he woke up to seeing us next to him. Waking up to an incredibly joyful "Mama! Dada!" was another amazing feeling.

In my next few posts, I'll take you through each of our days in Denver -- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We did and saw so much, it is hard to believe it all took place in just three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!