Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Smoking

Most people who know me know that I hate smoking. Despise it. Of course there are many reasons, not the least of which is that my grandmother lived the last years of her life without a voice box due to a lifetime of smoking. How anyone in my family can smoke, I'll never know. (Don't worry, Mom, I'm not talking about anyone in our immediate family!)

I wrote about Lucas's recent exposure to smoking here in a post I titled "It might be secondhand smoke but it's firsthand modeling". I am constantly amazed by how much little kids pick up. When they pick up cute little phrases or facial expressions it can be the most adorable thing in the world. Unfortunately, they also pick up on the bad stuff just as easily. This recent experience made me realize how vigilant parents need to be. Hope you'll go check it out.

1 comment:

  1. You should never travel to Italy or France if you can't stand to be around smokers. Seriously, I had no idea that it was so fashionable to smoke there and EVERYONE does EVERYWHERE (they obviously don't have the same laws that we do).

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!