Friday, October 24, 2008

What a crappy morning

Things that happened before noon today:

1) I woke up and went for a morning walk (4th time this week, thank-you-very-much) so that is a good thing. The only good thing of the morning, actually, because then all the rest of this happened.

2) Lucas head-butted me (a regular occurrence and big problem) and gave me a fat lip.

3) The WSSC (water) people came to install the remote reader and not only were they unable to install it, they tracked mud all through the house.

4) Lucas peed on the couch.

5) Lucas peed on the carpet under the dining room table. Seriously, only like 10 minutes after the previous pee. I knew I shouldn't have blogged about potty training.

Luckily, I have a very fun happy hour to look forward to tonight with the fabulous and amazing DC Metro Moms. Otherwise I just don't think I'd make it through the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you tonight. Just need to figure out what to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I always compare your baby to my dogs? Well, all these potty training posts are just hitting too close to home for me to keep yet another dog comparison to myself! I have potty trained twice.. and here is my tip: Keep the trainee confined to one room and in sight at all times. Watch for the "signs" that a pee is about to happen and race the trainee to the "bathroom" before an accident occurs. It worked with a siberian husky.. I think it will work for Lucas, too. Hahahahaha! :) (p.s. my siberian husky only ever had ONE accident in the house during potty training time) --
    p.p.s. if you don't know me, and you're reading this, don't think badly of me.. I'm just messing with my sister because she so hates for me to compare her child to my dogs. However, it's just way too easy to resist.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!