Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A few updates

I've been in the land of OH-IO for the past several days sans Internet connection. Here are a few quick updates for my loyal readers.

1) My hair is still falling out at an alarming rate. But, no visible bald patches yet. I'm strongly considering a major haircut, something more flattering to my now very thin hair.

2) October 1 came and went and my husband is still employed. He did not get the legislative fix necessary to keep his organization operating into the bailout legislation. (Yay! Let's give $700B to Wall Street but not continue to allow these charities to help 100,000 people a year buy homes without using any taxpayer money.) But, his organization is very financially sound right now so they are going to keep their employees on for as long as possible hoping that the legislative fix will indeed happen before the have to close down. So, sigh of relief, for now things are fine.

3) Another sigh of relief, my platelets have remained stable in the 65K range for about 6 weeks now. In fact, I no longer have to go in for my weekly blood draw but am just going every few weeks. 65K is still low but well above the critically low range I was in before. So, woo hoo for my platelets!

Coming attractions this week include a rant about people who choose not to vote--especially when said people live in the battleground state of Ohio; the story of Lucas and his new Hummer (I kid you not); and a long visit to Ohio which included my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece (obviously I don't blame her) finding exactly 2.5 hours to spend with their nephew and brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!