Sunday, November 16, 2008

January 20? Sorry, no vacancy

The guest room was first to go. Then the pull-out couch. Next, the air mattress. The other couch fits one, it really isn't too bad. Room for four on the floor, but you'll need to bring your own sleeping bags. But, don't forget, we only have one shower!

Why do we suddenly have so many people coming to visit--and all at once?

The inauguration, of course!

A quick survey of my neighbors confirms that everything in this Washington Post article is true. If you live in the Washington region you're completely booked on January 19 and 20. My neighborhood is right on a Metro line and only 15 minutes from Capitol Hill by car (though you'd be crazy to try to drive there during the inaugural festivities!). One neighbor told me that they will be hosting a long-time friend who asked to stay with them because her downtown friends were already full! Even as I laughed at him, I had to admit that two of our closest friends are staying with other friends who live in the city (but promise that they want to get together with us, too!).

Actually, it's a good thing those Arizona friends had another option because we'll have every sleeping surface (including the floor space!) crammed with family visiting from everywhere from California to New York. (And we really do have only one full bath!)

Not only do I not mind, I have to admit that I'm really looking forward to it. After all, I invited them! I can't think of a better way to enjoy this historic occasion than with my family.


Original post to DC Metro Moms. Check out Aimee's personal blog at www.smilingmama.blogspot.com.

Comments

cindyfey said...
Can't wait to read all the DC Metro posts about the inauguration!


Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!