Friday, May 22, 2009

Favorite Things Friday: Sweet & Sour Dressing

When my mom was undergoing cancer about treatments two years ago, her friends were a great support. In addition to many other things, they brought meals several nights a week for months. Lucas and I visited often during those months and so reaped the benefit of some great home cooked meals. One night a friend brought the most delicious salad dressing I have ever had. I immediately e-mailed to thank her and--of course!--request the recipe. I've been making it about every other month since then--Abel and I can't get enough of it! And, now, my dear readers, I am sharing it with you for this week's edition of Favorite Things Friday. Enjoy!

Sweet & Sour Salad Dressing

1/2 C sugar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
1/3 C cider vinegar
1/2 C finely chopped onion (I've used sweet onion and red onion before and love both)
1 C canola oil (I've also used olive oil)
2 tsp celery seed (in the spice aisle)

Mix together and then make sure to shake well each time.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I will add this to my collection of salad dressing recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this easy recipe. I hope to find more healthy easy recipes here in your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!