Sunday, May 10, 2009
Grace in Small Things, My Mom Edition
1. Her macaroni and cheese. Which I hated as a child but she promised would one day be the meal I request when I come home from college. Indeed, it was!
2. The few times I've been really sick, when my mom put aside anything and everything of her own, to arrive on our doorstep (or the hospital) in less than 3 hours (including a 2 hour drive!).
3. The intense love Lucas has for his grammy.
4. Abel's knowledge of how much my mom's opinion influences me. He's secretly (or not-so-secretly) lobbied her at times when he wanted to change my mind.
5. The comfort of unconditional love and support.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!