Thursday, October 15, 2009

26 Weeks

I'm 26 weeks along today and my little baby boy has gone from a walnut to a heirloom tomato to a mango to an English hothouse cucumber. Thank goodness for Baby Center and their bizarre size to food similes (or are those metaphors?) or I'd have no idea how to translate inches into an actual understanding big this little bambino is.

So overall things have been uneventful. Which is great. They also have been flying by. I know I've said this before, but pregnancy is just so different this time around. I think that 4 years ago about this time I was having literal panic attacks over what features we needed on our pack 'n play. I mean, did we need it to vibrate and offer soothing ocean sounds? And don't even get me started on the stroller or car seat. I had lists. And books. And more lists, people. And I was freaking out over every aspect of all the STUFF we needed. I was reading ahead in What to Expect and knew exactly what week I was at every minute.

This time, I have no idea how far along I am until I get my weekly e-mail. I haven't read a thing. I'm not even sure if I'm in the 3rd trimester yet--when exactly does that start? Also, I'm just assuming that everything we need for this little guy is safely tucked away in the attic. At some point I'll get it all down (er, Abel will get it all down) and I'll wash it and let's just pray that 3 years worth of boy clothes aren't all moth eaten or otherwise ruined. I know I'll need to buy more bottles (Lucas was pre-knowledge of BPA) and there are a few other things on my would-be-nice-to-have-this-time-around list. I'm researching cloth diapers and need to get that all figured out. We still need to do both the boys' rooms, too.

Okay. Now I'm freaking myself out a bit. I guess there is a lot to do.

I might need to begin a list.


Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I could have written this post; word-for-word. In fact, could I steal, err, borrow it for my own blog since I haven't written in months? ;)

    I assume all our baby clothes are still in the basement closet and will be fine (though a bit off-season). I've sort of thought about car seats and strollers since we'd gotten rid of those. Bedrooms still need to be painted and moved. I haven't even FOUND my copy of What to Expect yet. I half-heartedly looked a few weeks ago and then figured I didn't really need it anyway thanks to Baby Center's emails. I do need new bottles (again with the BPA thing) and am also researching cloth diapers... I know I'll need to aquire a pump soon, but might ask for that for Christmas.

    Hope you're feeling well these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe that you're at 26 weeks already!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!