Monday, October 19, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance on Tour

I've been a little MIA lately and of course there's nothing more boring than blogging about not blogging, right? We've been busy. This new schedule--four half days of work for me and 5 days of preschool for Lucas--has dramatically cut into my free time! Our afternoons and evenings are just so busy!

Last week Abel and I went on a double date with some friends in town to see So You Think You Can Dance on tour. You know I love that show! It was a lot of fun but the evening didn't quite live up to expectations. Traffic was so bad (the show was in Baltimore) that we had to skip our planned dinner at a nice Italian restaurant (to try) to grab a very quick dinner at a wings place near the area. (Despite an initial warning to the waitress that we were in a hurry and everyone ordering their meal right away with their drinks, it was the slowest service ever! Plus there was an automatic 15% tip so we couldn't even do anything about it!)

And the show?

Well. It was good. But, it wasn't great. Abel and I had, literally, the top row of seats in the arena. Which actually was fine. I loved seeing all my favorite dancers from last season and enjoyed seeing some dances I loved. I was disappointed in the cheesy dialogue between dances--these kids are amazing dancers, but not so great at pre-written dialogue. And, from what I can tell, there was only one new dance! I really expected some great new dances, either from the group or pairs. It was so fun to hang out--adults-only--with our friends and Lucas loved getting to go over to their house to play and then go to bed with his good friends (yay! shared! babysitter!). He even went right back to sleep when we got home.

Overall, I'm glad we went. And, I'm grateful that Abel bought the tickets way back in August when I couldn't make a decision. Even better, thanks to Leticia over at Tech Savvy Mama, we'll be heading back to the same arena in a few weeks for Disney on Ice! As a young (and not-so-young, yes I was a nerd!) girl, I always wanted to go to the Ice Capades so I couldn't be more excited about taking Lucas to see Disney on Ice. Now we know how much time we'll need to get there, where to park and where not to eat before the show!


Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun night out even if it wasn't perfect! Sometimes it's good to just get out, laugh and have a good time with grown ups, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... I'm sorry that you were a little disappointed. I think that I would probably feel that way if I ever went to one of the American Idol concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad about the wings and the cheesy commentary but if you like Thai food and want a recommendation of a fabulous place in Federal Hill to go after Disney on Ice, LMK and I'll send you the name & address of a great place that even Lucas will like! They have fantastic skewers that are perfect for kids!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!