Friday, October 30, 2009

Favorite Things Friday: Mocktail



One challenge of being pregnant, for me, is the lack of drink options. Even when I'm not pregnant, I drink water or milk 95% of the time. But, for some reason, being pregnant and sticking mostly to those two drinks feels so, well, restrictive. This is especially true when I'm out for dinner or some other event where everyone else is enjoying a delicious glass of wine or a beer or cocktail.

So, last week when I hosted the monthly meeting of my uber-fabulous Book Club at my house, I was determined not to feel like I was missing out. Enter my favorite new mocktail! (I really should have come up with a catchy name for it, any ideas?)

Not only did I thoroughly enjoy drinking this mocktail out of fancy glassware, several of my friends who could have been drinking wine chose to drink this as well. I do believe it was a hit!

Here's the super-simple recipe -- ice, 3/4 sprite and 1/4 Pomegranate Blueberry juice. Enjoy!


Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a good idea! I have no idea why I didn't make mocktails. Now I'm in the home stretch. I miss my apple martinis! LOL. Do you ha recipe for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - loved it! Was so disappointed when my grocery store was out of the juice!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!