Friday, October 2, 2009

Busy, Busy Friday

Oh my, where did this day go? So sorry to my faithful Favorite Things Friday readers, I usually like to post those first thing in the morning. Now its almost 6pm on Friday and surely not a soul will read this post until Monday.

I had the pleasure of meeting Sue of Laundry for Six (FKA Party of Six) for coffee this morning. How positively lovely. On the way over I felt like some sort of women of leisure--off to meet a friend for morning coffee with no child in tow. Well, actually I had a smoothie but you get the idea.

I spent the rest of the day slaving away in the kitchen: a double batch of chili, cornbread and brownies for two families with new babies in town and cookies for Lucas's preschool's bake sale. I had the oven going all day and washed a sink full of dishes three separate times. Whew! Luckily there was just a bit of everything leftover for us to enjoy this weekend.

All this is to say, I do believe I'll skip FTF this week. Have a great weekend!

Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you're ever in the G'belt area looking for a smoothie, let me know. :) Although I'm never child-free, but hanging out with me and my kids often makes other moms feel better about their own little ones. HA!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!