Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Growing Pains

Lucas has never had a blankie or any sort of stuffed animal that he carried around constantly. What a relief as a parent not to have to worry about leaving the #1 most precious possession behind on a plane or hotel room or even at home when we left for an overnight trip. The funny thing is that just in the last two days, Lucas has become obsessed with carrying around his stuffed animal Baloo, a gift from my brother when Lucas was born, with him everywhere! Yesterday we took Baloo on many adventures and he even had to put his legs through the shopping cart just like Lucas.

On one hand, Lucas is very clear that he wants to do things by. him. self. And, that he is NOT a baby. There's a line in one of our favorite books that goes, "Without me, you'd be on Mount Trash-o-rama, baby!" and Lucas insists that we change "baby" to "boy" or "kid" or "man"--basically anything but "baby" when we read it at night.

And then on the other hand, we have this new attachment to a lovey-type-item. I'm very curious how long this will last.

In other growing-up-too-soon developments, Lucas seems to be getting one or more new teeth. He's 3 years and 4 mos right now. Are there 3 or 4 year old molars? I guess I should just google that.

Be right back.

Hmmm...it would appear that the next teeth Lucas is scheduled to get are his 5-6 year old molars. I know I got all my teeth very early so maybe he is, too. Ugh. I'm not ready for more teething pain quite yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!