Over the past few weeks I have become completely enamored with the new HBO series, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I've told people in real life how great it is, updated my Facebook status about how great it is and now am featuring it for this week's edition of Favorite Things Friday. I truly love it!
The series is based on the best-selling novels of the same name by Alexander McCall Smith and apparently he has been very involved with the television production. The episodes are filmed on location in Botswana and this is the first major film or TV project to have been shot there. It is my understanding that many of the extras and some of the regulars are locals.
I really could go on and on about how much I love this show, but here are just a few of my favorite aspects:
1. Jill Scott as Precious Ramotswe is just amazing.
2. The setting and scenery of Botswana is stunning.
3. The pilot episode, at almost 2 hours in length, could stand on its own as a wonderful movie.
4. The spirit and spunk of Grace, Precious's secretary, is fantastic! I can't wait to learn even more about this great character.
5. The adorable Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni, the "finest mechanic in Botswana" who is clearly so in love with Precious.
If you have HBO then set your DVR for Sunday nights at 8pm and catch up on previous episodes On Demand. If you don't get HBO then consider getting it for this wonderful show! :) Or, hope that they come out on Netflix soon!