Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Consequential Strangers

Have you ever given much thought to those people in your life who you see everyday or on a regular basis who are strangers but also more than strangers? Maybe the barista at Starbucks who has your order memorized? Or the dry cleaner who asks about your kids? Maybe the bus driver who gives you a little extra help now that you have a stroller to carry on? Authors Melinda Blau and Karen L. Fingerman gave them a name: consequential strangers and recently wrote a book titled The Importance of "Consequential Strangers" on the topic.

I'm over at DC Metro Moms today talking about a few of the consequential strangers in my life. I'd love to hear about some of the consequential strangers in your life.



Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Aimee, I'm sponsoring a "Giving Contest" - a chance to reach out to your consequential strangers. Please help me spread the word among DC Moms: Maybe YOU want to enter, too! Check it out and please blog, message, and tweet this: bit.ly/6LCh2m

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!