Friday, September 18, 2009

Favorite Things Friday: So You Think You Can Dance (Take Two)

The lovely host, Cat Deeley

For today's Favorite Things Friday, I'm doing something I've never done before. Something I've never considered doing before: I'm repeating one of my favorite things. That's right, again this week, I featuring the awesome TV show So You Think You Can Dance.

I originally posted about SYTYCD back in July and since then I've felt so badly that I talked about it so far into the summer season. By the time I told you about it, dear readers, the auditions had been completed, Vegas week was over and the Top 20 had been whittled down to the Top 12. Even if you had jumped in and started watching upon my recommendation, you had already missed so, so much.

But, now, for the first time ever, SYTYCD is in the fall line-up! That's right, season 6 has just begun and it is off to a great start. Right now it's on Wednesday nights at 8pm eastern on Fox. They'll most likely add a second night later in the season for the results show. Set your DVRs right now to record this gem.

Below I've re-posted what I wrote this summer. All I have to add is that I love this show so much that Abel actually purchased us tickets to see the Season 5 tour in Baltimore next month. Woo hoo!

Originally posted July 3, 2009

For today's Favorite Things Friday, I bring you my favorite summertime show for the past few years: So You Think You Can Dance. This show is awesome!

If you're already a fan then I'd love to know who your current favorite is. If you haven't ever watched it, then I'm only sorry I haven't told you about it earlier. Like American Idol, the show holds auditions across the country, takes a certain number of dancers to Las Vegas then chooses 20 to take to LA. The dancers are paired into couples and each week draw a dance style from the hat. The perform, the judges critique and America votes. From the bottom 3 girls and bottom 3 guys the judges then send 1 girl and 1 guy home.

Unlike American Idol, the host is just awesome. Not only is Cat Deeley beautiful (I can't wait to see her dress each Wednesday and Thursday evening) but it is clear that she genuinely cares for each of the dancers. The judges, too, clearly care a great deal about their craft and give thoughtful critiques. Well, everyone but Mary Murphy who kind of drives me crazy but I guess there's always a spot for a crazy female judge, right?

Next Wednesday the remaining 12 dancers will perform. The judges have said, and I agree, that this is probably the strongest season yet in terms of talent. These men and women are simply amazing. If you tune in, you won't be disappointed


Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!