Saturday, January 3, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

After 12--count them--12 days on the road visiting family for the holidays we are finally home! We had really nice visits and it was great to spend lots of quality time with both sides of the family but it sure was fabulous to sleep in our own beds last night.

When Lucas jumped onto our bed to wake us up this morning it seriously took me about 2 minutes to figure out where I was. Then it sunk in, ahhhhh home! Then it also sunk in that there were no grandparents or aunts or uncles around to entertain him bright and this morning. (Oh, I kid! My lazy-bones sister and brother never got up early with him! Oh, I kid again, they're not lazy, just, you know, people without children who have no reason to wake up that early on vacation!!)

Though I am tired, (from staying up too late unpacking and finding places for the many, many, many new toys) it is nice to have a quiet morning with just Lucas and me. And, the look on his face when he saw his train table all set up with the new tracks, track accessories and trains was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!