Friday, January 9, 2009

Favorite Things Friday: pingg

For today's edition of Favorite Things Friday I bring you pingg, your new source for creating and sending on-line invitations.

Like most, I have used e-vite to create and send on-line invitations for years. I remember first using it in 1999, which I believe is when they were founded. Back then the whole concept was revolutionary and I couldn't have been more excited about e-vite. But, I'll be honest, over the years I've become less and less enamored with them.

Pingg is my new love. Where e-vite is clunky and junky, pingg is sleek and beautiful. Where e-vite has trouble mapping to my home address, pingg understands Facebook, Flickr and Twitter. (Yes, I have finally caved and joined twitter, too. More on that later!)

Some of their many features include really beautiful graphics (or the ability to upload your own), the ability to have them print, stamp and mail copies of your invitation for only $1.25 each, and awesome management and communication tools for the event host. You can easily put your invitation on facebook and twitter and can even send it out via text message. Like e-vite, your free pingg invitation will have a few ads. Unlike e-vite, I've found the ads to be not the least bit intrusive. And, pingg offers the very classy option of making your invitation "ad free" for just $5.

The only feature pingg doesn't have, which I've found helpful on past e-vite invitations, is the ability to create a list of items for guests to bring then have them taken off as they are selected. So unless I really need that feature for a pot-luck or similar event, I'll be using pingg from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!