Friday, July 3, 2009

Favorite Things Friday: So You Think You Can Dance

For today's Favorite Things Friday, I bring you my favorite summertime show for the past few years: So You Think You Can Dance. This show is awesome! If you're already a fan then I'd love to know who your current favorite is. If you haven't ever watched it, then I'm only sorry I haven't told you about it earlier.

Like American Idol, the show holds auditions across the country, takes a certain number of dancers to Las Vegas then chooses 20 to take to LA. The dancers are paired into couples and each week draw a dance style from the hat. The perform, the judges critique and America votes. From the bottom 3 girls and bottom 3 guys the judges then send 1 girl and 1 guy home.

Unlike American Idol, the host is just awesome. Not only is Cat Deeley beautiful (I can't wait to see her dress each Wednesday and Thursday evening) but it is clear that she genuinely cares for each of the dancers. The judges, too, clearly care a great deal about their craft and give thoughtful critiques. Well, everyone but Mary Murphy who kind of drives me crazy but I guess there's always a spot for a crazy female judge, right?

Next Wednesday the remaining 12 dancers will perform. The judges have said, and I agree, that this is probably the strongest season yet in terms of talent. These men and women are simply amazing. If you tune in, you won't be disappointed.


Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I too love the show! My favorites are Janine and Brandon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!