Friday, January 18, 2008

More fun in the fight against going stir crazy

What a fun week! As you know, we checked out the College Park Aviation Museum on Tuesday.

Yesterday afternoon it snowed!

We played in the snow ONE time last winter but Lucas was in this snowsuit that was hysterical. He couldn't really move and basically knelt or laid down in the snow and looked around.

So I'm officially counting yesterday as his first snow: we had so much fun! After Christmas we bought a kiddy-sized shovel for him so he spent the entire 45 minutes shoveling. Lest you think this was helpful, let me clarify that he shoveled the lawn! (Without mittens! I tried and tried to get him to keep a pair on, but none of the approx. 10 pairs we've bought for him let him grip well enough for his satisfaction. Any moms out there have hints for us on this?)

While he shoveled our lawn, I was a good neighbor and shoveled the sidewalk in front of our house and that of three neighbors! I was feeling really good about myself, but by the time we went inside you couldn't even tell I had shoveled. Oh well.

Today we had even more excitement...I took Lucas to his first play!

We went to the Publick Playhouse, an adorable little theater run by the Prince George's County Department of Parks and Recreation in Cheverly, MD to see A Kid's Life. Tickets were $6 per person (kids included) and the show was about 50 minutes long--a prefect length. The audience was, of course, full of kids and there was lots of interacting, laughing, clapping and just a little crying. We had a great time. It was so much fun to watch Lucas watch the show. Of course his favorite character was the dog!

We can't wait to go back for another show. If you're in the area, I urge you to check it out! (They have performances for all ages!)

1 comment:

Comments make my day. Thanks!