Monday, January 14, 2008

Reflection

Someone shared this reflection with me recently and I really liked it -- I can't help but thinking how keeping this in mind could improve every relationship in life: marriage, friendships, children, co-workers and even strangers.

Every time you find it difficult to interact with someone...allow your own pure wisdom to shine forth. Instead of waiting for the other person to shower you with light, you step forward and be the light. Instead of waiting for the other person to reveal love, you step forward and be the embodiment of love. Instead of waiting for the other person to come to terms with his or her anger, you step forward and be the messenger of peace.

The passage is from Courage & Contentment by Gurumyi Chidvilasananc through Noa Baum. I have no idea who those people are, but sure do like the message!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!