Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just a bad dream

I had a bad dream last night. We had moved to a new house and Lucas and Abel were napping upstairs. I decided to take a walk. On my way home, I passed a house that was on fire. I started running home only to find that our new house was also on fire. Despite the flames and thick smoke, I ran inside to find Lucas and Abel. Neither was in their room. Were they looking for me? They didn't know I had gone for a walk. Had they escaped? What should I do: continue looking for them or flee the house? It was an impossible decision. I woke up to find Lucas had crept his way into our bed and was laying in between Abel and me. I reached over to touch Abel and I held onto Lucas for the rest of the night. Tonight I'll be changing the batteries in our smoke detectors.


Original post by Smiling Mama. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. What a terrible dream. I'm glad it was just a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Aimee! That's a horrible dream! Thank goodness it wasn't real and Abel and Lucas were sleeping soundly. I once dreamed that LMT drowned and couldn't sleep for the rest of the night! Hope you were able to get some sleep after that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!