Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just back from the spa

Oh, hello there. Don't mind me with my night time post. You see, I'm all relaxed and indulged and jazzed up. Just back. Back from the spa, that is.

Oh yes, my friends, the spa.

Thanks to my faithful stalking reading of the lovely (and I can say that from meeting her in person!) Linda of All & Sundry and the fact that I almost jumped through the screen to comment when she said she'd be in DC for a Spa Night hosted by BOCA and leave a comment if you want to join her. Ohmygodpickmepickmepickme. Sooooooo tonight was the night. And, seriously, it could not have come at a better time.

The babysitter got here at 4pm and Lucas said, "bye bye Mama" before turning his back on me to devote his full attention to entertaining his new lady-friend. I was out the door before he could turn back around. Drove across town, circled the block, pulled into the parking garage and walked into the lovely Nusta Spa at exactly 5:01. (Hey, I was not going to miss more than 1 minute of a free spa night!).

Open bar, yummy food (including Boca sliders, natch), wonderful mini spa treatments and fantabulous women bloggers: Does it get any better? In between sips of white wine and a delicious nonalcoholic punch and bites of yummy, yummy food and a mini-pedi (condensed from their normal 1 hour to 30 mins) and a chair massage and yoga breathing/stretches, I chatted with blogger friends new and old. It was so fun to see fellow DC Metro Mom bloggers Jessica of APISS and Stacy of the Fabulous Miss S and to meet bloggers who I read faithfully: the aforementioned Linda and Beth of So The Fish Said. There was also a group of 20-something bloggers there. Oh to be young again. Or maybe not.

Anyhoo, BOCA threw us a darn great par-tay. And, since I'm a mom blogger and not a 20-something blogger, I have got to get to bed now. But, more exciting details to come soon, including (drum roll please) a GIVEAWAY!

3 comments:

  1. What? You didn't head out to do shots until 2 AM? What's wrong with you???

    Yeah, I headed home to the kids too.

    It was nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who looked at the 20-somethings and thought "they look like they are having fun, but really, I'm happy that's not my life."

    It was a nice evening though, and I enjoyed meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on the most amazing vacation and I'm still bummed I missed the spa thingie.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Thanks!