Friday, February 20, 2009

Favorite Things Friday: Baby Spoons

I've got babies on the mind and know tons of people who just had a baby or are just about to have a baby. So, for today's edition of Favorite Things Friday, I bring you one of my favorite baby gifts to give: baby spoons!

I have two options for you, both of which I have given to great acclaim.

The first is "Baby's First Spoon" from the lovely and talented Lisa Leonard of Lisa Leonard Designs and It's the Little Things blog. (The spoons can be found under "Something Extra".) As adorable as these spoons look on her website, I can tell you they are even more adorable in person. And, for only $20, these stainless steel spoons will be used and cherished for years to come. Lisa recently mentioned that she now has lowercase letters, too. I think an all-lowercase name would be so adorable!


Photo shamelessly stolen from http://lisaleonardonline.com/


The second set of baby silverware comes from Reed & Barton, well known silversmiths. When Lucas was born, we received the infant feeding spoon monogrammed with his initials from a good friend of my mom. Then, for Lucas's baptism, my parents gave him the toddler-sized fork and spoon with the same monogram style.

A few months later, I wanted to give one of these gifts to another friend and could not believe how reasonably priced they are--$15 for the infant spoon, $25 for the toddler set or $40 for all three. (Monogramming additional, depending on your place of purchase.)

All three of these have held up to years of use and they are the perfect size to feed a little one and then for learning how to use silverware. I know that they will be a cherished keepsake for generations.

Photo from https://www.reedandbarton.com


When you are in need of an extra-special baby gift, I truly think you can't go wrong with any of these options. Lisa Leonard's spoons are more modern and fun, while the Reed & Barton have more of a classic look. I think these are especially perfect gifts to mail to a far-away friend after the baby is born, for a second child (or third...) whose mom didn't get a shower and whose life will be mostly comprised of hand-me-downs, or to celebrate a baptism or bris. Lisa's spoon or the toddler spoon & fork from Reed & Barton would even make a great 1st birthday present.


*******I've just learned from Lisa that today is "Free Earrings Friday" at her shop. You will receive a pair of her beautiful freshwater pearl earrings with each purchase. See her site for more details! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Thanks!